There are tons of companies made for women’s hygiene products. Everywhere you turn, it seems like there is an article or advertisement for a new must-have product. Plus, most hygiene products are geared towards women or marketed as feminine.
What about hygiene products for men? Hygiene should not have a gender, guys. It is equally as important for men to take care of themselves as it is for women. Unfortunately, there are some people who try and make grooming and self-care seem like they are for women only.
In today’s world, having a skincare and self-care routine can be viewed as feminine. That is simply not true; everyone should take pride in their health and hygiene and know all the tips, tricks, and tools to take good care of themselves. The old saying is true: when you look good, you feel good. It is not about pride or vanity, but having good hygiene will help you look good and feel better while also keeping you clean and healthy.
While there are, by far, more personal care products out there for women, there are still plenty of great options for men when it comes to grooming, hygiene, and self-care. There are a few essential items that men should consider having as a foundation for hygiene. There are also other products that can make a great addition to these basic products!
Whether you are interested in learning about a few essential hygiene items or want to build an entire collection of grooming and self-care products, this article will tell you everything you need to know when it comes to men’s hygiene. Read on to find out the top men’s hygiene products every guy should have.
Essential Hygiene Products
Now that we have established that hygiene can (and should) be a part of a man’s daily routine, it is now time to discuss the specifics of what you need. We have compiled a list of some of the most basic and essential hygiene products. This list is meant to serve as a foundation for your personal care and grooming needs. There are certainly more products you might need, but the items listed below are a great place to start!
Body wash: Good hygiene starts with a clean and fresh body. Not only does a high-quality body wash help prevent unwanted body odors and dirty smells, it works to actually remove dirt and grime from your body, effectively removing bacteria as well. Our Spongellé men’s buffers make things so easy. They are 3-in-1 and work to scrub, cleanse, and hydrate the body. Your skin will be smooth and clean after one use.
- Deodorant: Similar to body wash, the use of deodorant or antiperspirant helps to prevent sweating and body odors. If you are particularly active or are a natural sweater, consider using deodorant every morning before you leave the house.
- Dental products: The basics of dental hygiene include a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash. You have been hearing it your whole life, but make sure you brush twice a day and floss every night. If any food debris is left in your mouth, it can rot and create bacteria, leading to cavities and tooth decay. Mouthwash is a great product to use after brushing your teeth to ensure you have removed all the plaque and bacteria from your mouth.
- Shaving cream: Even though you might not think of it right away, shaving cream is a hygiene product. When you shave, that helps to maintain clean skin and ensuring your body hair is neat, clean, and tidy. Pick one that is non-irritating and soothing to the skin. That way, you will have an even smoother shave with less irritation afterward.
- Facial cleanser and moisturizer: You don’t have to have a 10-step routine in order to take care of your skin. If not for the anti-aging and cosmetic benefit of washing your face, do it, so you never go to sleep with dirt and other daily pollutants clogging your pores. This can result in acne and other skin ailments; plus, who wants to have dirt clogging their skin? At the very least, wash and moisturize your face each night before bed. You can do the same thing in the morning as well.
Additional Hygiene Products to Consider
As we said, the above list contains products that everyone should use (man or woman, really). Those base products will create a foundation of good personal hygiene and body cleanliness. Now, if you are looking to have an even larger assortment of hygiene items to take it up to the next level, check out our list below. These products are all great for taking your hygiene and self-care a step further, making sure you are squeaky clean from head to toe.
Men’s Pedi Buffer: You can’t forget to show your feet some love. Feet quickly become dry, rough, and coarse. In some cases, the skin can crack from excessive dryness and dry skin buildup. Use our men’s pedi buffer to help scrub away dead skin while also cleansing and moisturizing the skin for soft, clean, and healthy feet.
Lotion: After you exfoliate and clean your skin, you also want to make sure it is well-hydrated. Especially in the cold winter months, your hands and feet are prone to cracking and excessive dryness. Choose a lotion that you can quickly apply after washing your hands or that you can use on your entire body after a hot shower.
- Grooming kit: This kit should contain tweezers, nail clippers, and a pair of scissors. You do not want to have long toenails or fingernails, as they can easily collect dirt and bacteria underneath the nails. Scissors and tweezers are good for removing or trimming unwanted body hair.
- Targeted skin treatment: This targeted product will depend on the person and what your individual needs are. Some examples include retinol (for wrinkles and anti-aging), acne topicals (to help clear up blemishes), or serums for various skin conditions such as dry skin or rosacea. Just don’t forget the daily SPF to protect your skin after using these products!
- Conditioner or special hair/scalp treatment: Dry skin is not just for your body. It can build up on your scalp, resulting in dandruff. Your shampoo and daily hair styling products might also be the culprit, and over time they can cause buildup on the scalp. Try using an anti-dandruff shampoo or a clarifying and hydrating conditioner to soothe the scalp and remove the excess buildup.
Hygiene and self-care are for everyone. Grooming should be a part of your daily routine! It feels good to take care of yourself and invest in products that make you look and feel your best. Whether it is one of Spongellé’s buffers or a drugstore deodorant, buy products you enjoy and that you will really use.
The great thing about hygiene products is they do not have to be expensive in order to be effective. In fact, they can be the cheapest products you own and still work wonders! You do not have to break the bank when it comes to taking care of yourself.
On the other hand, it is perfectly ok to invest in yourself. Sometimes you need to splurge a little on some of your favorites skincare and self-care items. After all, you do get what you pay for, especially with high-end products. And at the end of the day, if something brings you joy, it is always worth it.
The key is to find products that work for you. Especially when it comes to hygiene, do not make choices for anyone but yourself. A product that works for one person might not work for another. You want to be comfortable and happy with your routine. Washing your face and taking an extra couple of minutes in the shower are forms of self-care on top of being important for your hygiene!