Spiritual Cleansing: Performing a Spiritual Detox
A spiritual detox can help when you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Over time, life takes a toll — and a spiritual detox can be just the fresh start you need. It's a time to cleanse your mind, body, and spirit for a well-earned reset.
Cleansing your body can help you recharge and eliminate toxic energy, but where should you start? Don’t worry: A detox doesn’t have to be completed in one go. Taking small steps can have a big impact.
Today, we’re going over what a spiritual detox is and how to perform one.
What Is a Spiritual Detox?
A spiritual detox is all about getting rid of old patterns and negative energy. Clearing out bad thoughts and ideas will encourage positive energy flow, so you can feel more ready to take on the day and reach your full potential.
When performing a spiritual cleansing, you focus on various mindfulness practices, like meditation, yoga, journaling, and other holistic therapies. You want to be aware of your thoughts, feelings, and actions to process them appropriately.
Overall, a spiritual detox can be a powerful and transformative process that can help to improve your overall health and well-being.
Take a Spiritual Detox Bath
A bath can be the perfect way to unwind and rejuvenate your energy. It's an easy step to take toward your spiritual detox, but it can be a powerful experience. You will be able to release negative energy and reflect inward for even more mindfulness-focused benefits.
How Do You Take a Spiritual Detox Bath?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to take a spiritual detox bath:
- Step 1: Prepare the room. You'll want a clean and relaxing space, so make sure everything is in its place. You’ll also want to gather everything for your bath, like candles, essential oils, an oil diffuser, or crystals.
- Step 2: Curate the atmosphere. Light candles and put out your essential oil diffuser to create a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. Essential oils can help you get rid of negative energy and enter into a relaxed state. Some popular oils for a spiritual detox bath include lavender, rose, and frankincense. If you’re ready to get started, try one of Spongellé's diffuser oils to create an aromatic, peaceful ambiance in any room.
- Step 3: Fill the tub with warm water and add your nourishing products to the water. You can add a few drops of essential oil, Epsom salts, sea salt, or anything that will help detoxify your body. Don't make the water too hot to avoid overheating.
- Step 4: Climb into your detox bath and soak in the water. Take the time to focus on your breath and meditate. Let go of any negative thoughts and emotions that have been weighing you down.
- Step 5: Cleanse your body with Spongellé's Spiritual Detox Buffer in Mystic Ginger. Mystic Ginger is the best way to begin a spiritual journey and focus on your intentions. It combines ginger and ashwagandha root extract with the power of chakra stones. The buffer comes with the yellow jade stone, which charges your solar plexus chakra to promote personal growth, power, and control.
- Step 6: After your bath, reflect on the time you spent meditating. Pay attention to any insights or messages that may have come through. Remember to take your time, and don't rush the experience.
Reset Your Energy Field With Stones
One holistic practice important for a spiritual detox is resetting your energy field with crystals or stones. Some people believe that crystals have the power to absorb and deflect certain energies.
When you meditate with these stones, you can cultivate positive vibes. Focus on the moment and visualize positive energy and healing filling your chakras. You can also place these crystals around your house or carry them in your purse or car for continued benefits.
Use crystals that are believed to have a calming or neutralizing power. Crystals, like rose quartz, can awaken your crown chakra. It helps with manifesting and enlightenment. Other crystals, like amethyst, can access your third eye chakra helping you strengthen your intuition and self-realization.
Spongellé offers various spiritual detox stones. Each stone comes with a unique buffer so that you can cleanse your body and mind.
You may also want to cleanse your crystals after a detox since they are believed to store energy. Place the crystals in direct sunlight or moonlight. You can also wash them in salt water to clear the energy.
Make Auric Sprays
While a bath can cleanse your energy and body, an auric spray can detox your home. It's easy to make your own DIY auric spray using essential oils and water.
You can fit the spray to your own needs and personal preferences. Be bold and play around with the combinations. You can even make more than one!
- Spray bottle: You’ll need a spray bottle to hold the ingredients. Look for an amber or cobalt blue bottle since they can protect essential oils.
- Water: The first part of creating the spray is filling the bottle almost 60%of the way with distilled water.
- Witch hazel: Add about 40%of unscented witch hazelor pure alcohol. This ingredient will help the oil and water combine.
- Essential oils: Pick the essential oils you want to use.Lavender, eucalyptus, and lemon are all helpful choices, but feel free to make it your own. Add several drops to the spray bottle and shake to combine.
Another spray you can make is a moon-water spray. You take a glass spray bottle filled with spring or distilled water and leave it where it can get direct light from a full moon. The full moon energies are believed to be absorbed by the water.
Perform a Visualization Meditation
Visualization meditation can be an excellent practice during a spiritual detox. It involves using imagery to help your physical and mental health.
This type of meditation is similar to others. You want to keep a straight spine, whether standing, sitting, or lying down. The most important step is keeping positive imagery in your mind while controlling your breath. You can imagine inhaling and exhaling with a flower opening and closing or picturing breathing in rays of light.
You can also visualize areas of your body where you may be holding stress. Focus on releasing the tension and welcoming calmness and serenity. You can also practice mindfulness or recite mantras.
If you struggle to think of positive thoughts, there are guided visualization programs that can help you focus. They will give you the imagery to focus on and help you through the meditation process. You should feel lighter and more relaxed after your visualization meditation.
Put Pen to Paper
Writing can be a therapeutic way to work through emotions and express yourself. You may realize there are feelings you've been avoiding or blocked that you need to feel. Writing down negative thoughts you've been holding onto can help you let them go.
Repressing emotions can take a mental and physical toll on your body. They can lead to depression and anxiety and cause other health problems. A spiritual detox is all about ridding yourself of these stressors.
You can start a daily journal or write a letter to someone that has caused you pain. You don't have to send the letter to this person if you don't want to, but it can help you let go of resentment and negative feelings. Writing down your thoughts and feelings is about letting them out so they can't weigh you down.
Read over your journal or letters and seek understanding. Think about how you can move forward despite painful or unpleasant memories.
Do a Digital Detox
Consider making a digital detox a part of your spiritual detox. It can be hard in this day and age to step away from your devices. However, they can become an addiction and cause stress.
One survey in 2017 found that almost one-fifth of people feel stressed out by technology. Another 43% reported checking their messages, emails, and social media accounts non-stop.
You can feel the physical effects when constantly looking at a screen. You may experience neck pain, elevated blood pressure, and eye strain.
Try limiting your screen time and only use it when necessary. Avoid scrolling mindlessly for hours, wasting the day away, or staying up too late. Use that time to reflect and unwind. Read a book instead, or spend more time meditating and protecting your energy.
A spiritual detox can help you cleanse your body and mind. The time you spend on yourself and your space will leave you feeling reinvigorated and ready to take on whatever comes at you. Spongellé has oils, buffers, and chakra stones that can help you along this powerful detox journey.
A Beginner's Guide to the 7 Chakras and Their Meanings | Healthline
Setting intentions, reflecting on new beginnings First quarter moon | Metro Library