Valentine’s Day can be a lot of high expectations and sometimes low returns. It doesn’t have to be that way though! Valentine’s Day can be anything from a playful holiday to celebrate with your friends to as romantic as your imagination allows.
Love is about showing you care. It can be accomplished in the most simple or extravagant of ways and we are here to help you figure out how! We have all the inspo you need to help turn your Valentine’s into the perfect romantic occasion.
Let’s dive right in, shall we?
Why Do We Celebrate Valentine’s Day?
While the history of Valentine’s Day may be interesting, what is even more interesting is that it has stood the test of time. It has certainly become more commercialized than you anyone could have imagined but maybe there is a little part of all of us that secretly loves it.
Sure there are those that claim it’s cheesy but maybe it’s a perspective change that we really need? Maybe it could serve as a reminder to slow down and really enjoy the company of those we love? If you need ideas for how to create a special experience you have come to the right place.
We have three ideas in mind that are sure to impress the one you love.
How To Set Up a Romantic Spa Retreat
Setting up a surprise can be so fulfilling! Going to a spa with someone you love can be quite romantic but what if you could recreate a spa retreat in the comfort of your own space, away from prying eyes?
We are about to break down the essentials on how to pull off the ultimate spa retreat.
First things first, you need to determine the area of your house you want to create your experience in. There is no wrong way to do this but it helps to have a game plan in mind so that you can set up everything you need, where you need it.
Ideally, this might look like the master bedroom or bathroom. It may also be an outdoor spa experience on your deck if you have a secluded backyard and the weather permits.
Prepare Your Spa Services
Create a personalized menu of options for your experience. For instance, if you plan on offering a foot massage you will want to have a luxurious lotion on hand. If it is a bath to wind down, you can have plush new spa robes on hand, body buffers to exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish your skin, and a skin-softening lotion for after.
The options to your services are completely customizable as long as you have the proper tools at your disposal.
Create a Special Environment
The environment you create sets the tone. If you are trying to create a romantic mood, you could recreate a playlist for songs you fell in love with. Silk rose petals, LED flameless candles, and a fragranced diffuser oil can be all you need to create the perfect environment for your special someone.
Snacks and Treats
Charcuterie boards have been all the rage for a while now. Your home spa night is the perfect opportunity to bust out a board and try out a new skill. You can choose sweet, savory, or the perfect combination of the two.
Including your favorite dips, cheese, fruit, bread or crackers, and candy can be a sweet day to share this delightful snack board. Pair it with your favorite beverage and you have quite the night set up.
How To Create a Romantic Night at Home
Time alone focusing on your partner can be just what you both need. It can be just as fun to create memories at home as it is at a fancy restaurant. We all know the importance of date nights and your romantic night at home can easily be one for the books. Here are some ways you can take your romantic night at home to the next level.
Creating a fun theme can be a way to change things up. Whether it’s a fiesta, a scavenger hunt, or Italian night. All of these things can help determine your playlist, menu, and other activities to incorporate into your night.
Depending on your theme, the ambiance can be changed up quite a bit. You can incorporate string lights, candles, flowers, or start a cozy fire in your fireplace. You can also add specific attire to help set the mood.
It can be top hats and a fancy dress or beach attire for a festive luau. The main goal is to make it as fun and festive as you both want.
This can go in so many different directions. Whether it's the perfect three-course meal for two, creating your own pizza station and making homemade pizzas, or ordering in your favorite takeout, you can’t go wrong.
Food has the ability to transport us anywhere in the world. Focus on your favorites and you are sure to be pleased!
There are so many fun activities to make your night meaningful. Here are some of our favorites.
- Create a couple's bucket list: Where have you always wanted to go or what have you always wanted to do. This can be a great way to reconnect and dream together.
- Stargaze: With all the hustle and bustle of life, sometimes we can forget to simply look up in awe at all there is to see.
- Movie night: We can also get so busy that we forget to connect over something as simple as a movie. Pick an old favorite you both love or find a new movie to watch together. Pro tip: Make the selection ahead of time so that you don’t have to think twice during date night.
- Game night: Dust off your board games and engage in a friendly competition.
- Make your own ice cream sundaes: You planned the perfect meal together. Dessert can be a create your own ice cream sundae bar.
Pampering the One You Love
Whether it’s a gift basket you would like to create or a sentimental spread, you cannot go wrong with offering the one you love the gift of pampering. Spongellé understood the assignment when it came to creating a gift that keeps on giving. We have made sure that all of our products are multi-use and multi-functional so they can be enjoyed over and over.
If your plan is to pamper, you have to go all in. The thing is you can’t take a spa home with you. The next best thing is to make sure your special someone has everything they need to have a spa day right at home. Here is a list of our favorite gifts to give for pampering the person you love.
- The Love Always Gift Set: This gift set features two sponges. These heart-shaped body wash-infused buffers will cleanse, exfoliate, and massage love right into your loved one's skin.
- Lavender Back Buffer: Your back can be hard to reach and requires just as much attention as the rest of your body. With this lavender-infused back buffer, not only does it smell like a spa but it feels like an exfoliating massage. Made with the perfect blend of essential oils all in one beauty treatment will be a huge hit.
- Sugar Dahlia Pedi-Buffer: We can’t forget your tired feet. This buffer comes with a built-in cleanser and exfoliator. It is sure to polish away your stress in no time.
- Men’s Extreme Buffer: We simply cannot forget that men deserve pampering treatment too. This body buffer comes with a built-in wash that will help get you clean, improve circulation, and leave your skin feeling smooth.
- Men’s Pedi-Buffer: Did someone say at-home pedicure? Good hygiene demands we clip our nails but it goes beyond that. If you want to get that dead skin off your tired feet and have them polished to perfection, this is the way to do it.
No matter how you choose to spend your Valentine’s Day, let it be with love. Far too often we forget to simply enjoy the company of the people we love most. We rush from one activity to the next and the next thing you know, it can be time for bed and we start all over again the next day.
If there is anything that holidays teach us, is how meaningful it is to be lucky enough to share life's experiences with some really great people. This Valentine’s Day, make it a point to show the ones you love a little extra care.
Spongellé is here for all of your special moments and every moment in between. When it comes to self-care, we have you covered, no matter what the occasion.