No matter what you have accomplished during the day, we can all agree on a shower or bath at some point. In our humble opinion, there is nothing more satisfying than jumping in the shower or bath, and getting the grime, bacteria, and sweat off your body.
Not only do we find cleansing the dirt away extremely relaxing, but it’s also a great time to unwind, and have at least a few precious moments of peace.
There are so many choices when it comes to what you use to wash your body with. They are called a lot of different things: loofah, washcloth, sponge, shower gels, a bar of soap, liquid soap, body wash, body scrubs, cleansers. There are a lot of things to factor in when you are on the search for the best body wash for your needs.
Two important things to consider would be your skin type (do you have oily skin? Are you prone to dryness? Acne-prone?) and the ingredients used in the product. If you have sensitive skin, you are going to want to be sure you stay away from any harsh products that could cause irritation. Often, this includes products laden with harsh chemicals.
Lucky for you, we know just how to help you select your new favorite body wash and will help you understand how to use it.
Select Your Tools
Ideally, you will want a cleanser that is free of parabens, sulfates, and any other harsh solvents. Nostalgia can get the best of us when it comes to selecting body care. Maybe it was the same soap or wash you have used since you were a little kid.
It could be that the scent of your soap evokes fond memories from childhood. Just because a product is something you have always used, doesn’t always mean it is still the best fit. As we age, our skin requires a little more than it used to in order to maintain its healthy glow.
This includes regular exfoliation and hydration with a great body wash and moisturizer.
Body Wash With Glycerin, Please!
Naturally fragrance-free, glycerin is used often in products to help moisture to stick around as long as possible.
Benefits of Glycerin include:
- Aiding in moisturizing skin
- Good for people with sensitive skin
- May even out the texture and tone of your skin
- May prevent aging prematurely
Moisture leaves our skin from natural things like a dry climate. Moisture can also evaporate from things like taking an overly hot shower. It is best to keep your water at a warm temperature to prevent unnecessarily drying your skin out.
A Great Body Wash Goes a Long Way
Not just any product will do when it comes to cleansing your skin. The skin all over your body requires just as much protection and care as your face. We love a great body wash.
We are done worrying about what's in our products and odd fragrance choices. We want something that screams magic and something that makes us excited to use every day!
For us, it’s Spongellé Body Wash. Here are some reasons why:
- Who has time to think about how much cleanser to use? The mystery is removed because it actually tells you how many pumps to use.
- You can cleanse without worrying about if the ingredients are naturally derived or not.
- Part hydration, part stabilizer of all your skin's natural barriers, part dry skin reliever, part genius.
- Multi-use with up to 70 washes. It is recommended to use between three and five pumps per wash.
- Our custom blended fragrances are unlike any you have smelled before. Far from ordinary, they will truly leave you feeling like you’ve stepped into a luxury spa.
Is There a Proper Way To Wash?
Some of us have been washing for a really long time and we still have no idea if we are doing it right. Is there even a right way? Is it foot to head? Head to toes? What are we really doing here?
If you have ever seen a toddler take a bath, it is definitely adorable but you quickly realize that the only point they care about is trying to get as many bubbles on their body as possible.
It's not like there is an exact science about how to properly wash. As a matter of fact, you probably learned the order of operations from your parents and they learned from theirs.
What we do know for sure is that the feeling of not being clean isn’t exactly a good one. We also know it's really important to rinse. If you have ever forgotten to rinse, especially your hair, properly you know that it feels icky and sticky.
Is There an Order of Operations?
As we mentioned, it's not likely that there is a hard and fast rule when it comes to the order of washing your body. Here are some tips on how to maximize your bath time:
- Using a body wash with a pump can help eliminate using far too much product on your skin. You want to be sure to keep as much moisture as possible locked into your skin.
- Make sure to use warm water. Too cold and you’ll turn into an ice cube and too hot you will end up losing more moisture from your skin than necessary.
- Make sure the cleanser you are using is not formulated with harsh chemicals or ingredients. Spongellé already took care of that for you. Our products are vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, free of parabens, gluten, and solvents.
- Use products that are hydrating, restorative, and made for all skin types.
After Your Shower
After you shower, it’s important to gently pat yourself dry to avoid rubbing off the moisture from the water. A step after you pat yourself dry is to place moisture back into your skin as quickly as possible.
Body lotion and creams are a great finishing touch. After you have exfoliated from head to toe and used a hydrating cleanser, it’s like icing on the cake.
Here are some of our favorite moisturizers:
- Coconut Verbena Body Lotion: Made with fragrance notes such as lemon, amber, jasmine, coconut, and peach, you will feel like you’re in a tropical garden. The best part is this lotion offers over 100 pumps and provides the ultimate hydration.
- Body Lotion Assorted Pack: With eight scents to choose from you will be in heaven trying each one out. Created with the perfect combination of shea butter, argan oil, avocado oil, and vitamin E, your skin will feel smooth and smell amazing.
If you are the kind of person that showers before work, at least you will be energized, refreshed, and smell wonderful. If you are a nighttime bathing kind of person, a refreshing and relaxing shower will help you relax before bed.
Taking the day off is not just for removing your makeup. Taking the day off can also refer to getting rid of all the worries of your day and going to bed clean and renewed.
Time To Get Clean
Bath time is one of the few times we can really indulge guilt-free in self-care. It's like a judgment-free zone. Because bathing is something that most people engage in daily, you never have to wait for the right time to make it everything you need it to be.
It can be a quick five minutes, or as long as the hot water is still warm. With the right products in place, even the quickest shower or bath can feel like a complete retreat. Here are some of our favorite things to do after bathing:
- Put on a comfy bathrobe. There is something so rewarding about a bathrobe. It can change your mindset from mediocre to spa-level in a matter of seconds.
- Lock in moisture with your favorite scented lotion. After we bathe with our favorite products, putting a lotion to complement the scent is a luxurious treat indeed.
- Sip on something relaxing; for us, it's hot tea. It could be a hot tea of your choice or even a refreshing glass of fruit-infused water.
- If you are really really lucky, take a nap! What a way to end your bathing experience!
No matter how you choose to bathe, you will never regret investing in great products. It can be so frustrating to go down every aisle searching for something special only to come up empty-handed.
With Spongellé products, you never have to concern yourself with products made for any purpose besides making your skin feel happy. Our body washes offer a combination of ingredients you can pronounce and scents you will love.
There is something for everyone!